This year’s particularly intense hurricane season is providing a natural visual aid on the topic of Finding Peace in the Midst of Life’s Storms. I thought it would be fun to post a talk I gave last week about when Jesus calmed the storm as described in the account found in Mark 4:35-41.
Do any of these points make you want to listen?
- Jesus didn’t need anything external to head straight into the storm.
- There are other boats around us when we are in our storms. Other people are watching us.
- These professional fishermen — when they appraised their stress — feared they would die.
Do any of these questions interest you?
- Are you taking one day at a time? If the answer is no, you can’t find peace.
- Are you trying to produce particular results from your actions? If the answer is yes, you can’t find peace.
- Do you believe you can actually understand what God is up to? If the answer is yes, you can’t find peace.
- Is God enough? If the answer is no, you can’t find peace.
- Are you allowing substitutes to tend to your soul? If the answer is yes, you can’t find peace.
- Are you inviting God into everything through prayer? If the answer is no, you can’t find peace.
What is your GREAT windstorm? Be thinking of it now as you pull up a chair. Enjoy.
© 2017 by Oaks Ministries. All rights reserved.