The video tells a part of my story. I learned that though I thought my faith in God was strong, it was weak. I allowed circumstances to overwhelm me and weaken my relationship with God.
Have you done the same as me?
It is disheartening when we discover we don’t have the spiritual muscle to stand firm no matter what. Of course none of us will walk by faith perfectly, but the Bible says mature Christ followers never cease to strive living life well for Him.
Want to live like this?
But one thing I do: Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. (Philippians 3:13b-15a)
Do you know what God thinks about people who live well?
Men and women who have lived wisely and well will shine brilliantly, like the cloudless star-strewn night skies. And those who put others on the right path to live will glow like stars forever (Daniel 12:3, Message)
How wonderful it would be to fill the globe with people like…
- stars in the sky
- a city on a hill all lit up at night (and Matthew 5:14)
Even normal life can be brilliant.
I have followed Christ’s example when he asked God to bless a few loaves and fish (simple, normal food) and then miraculously fed the multitudes and had baskets of leftovers afterward. (Matthew 14:13-21; Mark 6:30-44; Luke 9:10-17; John 6:1-15) I have handed him my normal, simple life and asked Him to use it for His glory. I don’t know whether I will see miraculous results in my lifetime, but I believe Him for it.
You can too.
Oaks (for short) was launched publicly in 2014 and currently offers:
- A bible study: One Gritty Blink: Contemplating the Brevity of Life Compared to Eternity.
- A blog: Nearing ten years old, this is meant to be a place to share spiritual principles that may encourage, challenge or help you grow in your faith.
- Book: Live ABOVE the Chaos (2014) still tells my original story and lays the groundwork for One Gritty Blink (2021).
- Speaking: Laurie does some speaking as invited.